Students, faculty, and staff of Nova SBE may checkout material from the library at no cost. Borrowers assume responsibility for items on their accounts.
- Loans must be taken out personally. Users are not allowed to take out documents under another user's name
- Items must be checked out at the circulation desk before leaving the library
- Users must ensure that materials checked out are returned or renewed on or before the due date (8 p.m.)
- Books may be renewed up to 10 times for most profiles (if no other reader has requested them). Short loan collection books may not be renewed
- Short Loan Collection (with a red dot on the spine of the books) may be checked out from one day to another. These books are due the following day after check out by 8 p.m. in order to ensure maximum availability.
- Periodicals may be borrowed for 7 days for most users
- Reference and AV materials (directories, dictionaries, encyclopedias, law compilations as well as CD and DVD) are for in-library use only.
- Book reserves are allowed. Users may have up to 3 active reserves at a time
Sanctions for the Return of Items After the Due Date
- If library items are returned after the deadline, users are subject to a moratorium sanction, according to the table appended to this Regulation (Annex I)
- Users that owe more than 5,00€, cannot borrow items from the Library until the balance is equal to or less than 5,00€
Lost Items | Not Returned Items
- Items are considered "lost - not returned" if more than 4 weeks late. These items may still be returned to the library and the replacement charge will be removed from the account. However, late charges will still apply
- If users lose library items, they are responsible for the cost of replacement plus a processing fee of 5€
- If items are returned after 4 weeks overdue, the replacement cost will be eliminated from the user's account, however, it will still be subject to a moratorium sanction from Annex I
- If it is not possible to assign a market price to the lost items, a default charge of 50€ per lost item will be charged to the user
- If negotiated with the library, and after payment of the moratorium sanction (Annex I) and the processing fee a copy of the missing item may be accepted as replacement
Requests for the Annulment of Moratorium Sanctions
- Users may request the annulment of the moratorium sanction applied for non-compliance, through a duly substantiated request to the library Director
- The decision will be communicated to the requestor via email